
As of today's date he still asks me to follow him to school and park in the parking lot while he chains his bike up and then meet him there in the afternoon when he unchains it and rides home. I know he knows his combination, I think he still just has a fear of messing up. I am okay with following him in the car, I dread the day he asks me to stop following him. He was so happy to ride his bike to school, I cried the whole way to school.
Images of this little blonde haired boy on his tiny little bike kept playing through my mind, how could he be big enough to ride to school on his own?


But for now he still asks me to hum to him every night and to lay next to him until he falls asleep and I'll take that for as long as I can.






1 comment:
Tear-jerker, for sure. *sob* *sob*
Post a Comment