Friday, April 23, 2010

How Does a Paper Bird Die?

I'm going to wrap up the week on a positive note! I was so thrilled this past week to discover that Hallmark is showing the Golden Girls every weekday 5pm-7pm CST. To say that this is my favorite show would be an understandment, it is MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW! How can someone not love these ladies? We all have a little bit of Blanche, Sofia, Dorothy and yes, even Rose inside of us.

Photobucket

I have seen every single show over and over again. The sad thing is I can probably quote most of them as well. Here are some of my favorite lines from the show, they make me smile and I hope they make you smile too.

____________________________________

Dorothy-"Then she tells me that if I'm a good girl, a really good girl God will turn that paper bird into a real one. Which I believed because why would a mother lie? So everyday I'm being very good, and praying and watching for any sign of life. And becoming very attached to that paper bird. So you can imagine my heartbreak when one day I find it dead."

Rose-"How does a paper bird die?"

Dorothy-"Good question, someone used it to restart the pilot light."
_____________________________________

Dorothy- "Mr. Pfeiffer I have already told you, we are bereaved on a budge!"

_____________________________________

Sophia- "For starters Jean is a lesbian."

Blanche-"So isn't Danny Thomas one?"

Dorothy-"Not Lebanese Blanche, Lesbian"

_____________________________________

Blanche-"I feel like the Spruce Goose, people may visit, play with the controls, but I'll never really fly again."

_____________________________________

Hope everyone has a Golden Day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hillary Dunham said...

LURVE the GGs. We would watch them all the time, too and every time my dad would walk in and say, "Did y'all know that oldest one is really the youngest?". EVERY. TIME. He's as funny as the show!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

And that was me! I have too many accounts to keep up with!