Yesterday Darren and I had our fall conference with Nathaniel's teachers. As you all know he is currently riding his bike to school. Grandma was here at my house waiting for him to get home, Darren and I were on our way to his school. We were pulling up to the stop sign at the cross walk and we saw Nathaniel crossing the street on his bike, this lasted maybe 5 seconds, then he went down. Yep, he hit the curb, blew out his front tire and rolled three times. I hollered at Darren, "Stop! He's down!" I jumped out of the truck and ran over to him. Once I gathered my child and his bike up and put them both in the truck he looked at me and said "at least I didn't fall on my face this time." I had to laugh, the kiddo was right. For years he has been banging up his head and falling on his face, it is like gravity pulls him down that way. But this time he caught himself, we are so proud!
So we brought him and his bike home to Grandma and then continued on our way to the conference. I must add that it went very well and Nathaniel was back to riding his bike today, thanks to a new innertube, and all is well. :)






1 comment:
LOL it is all in how you look at things. Glad that he is ok.
Post a Comment