Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie from Mommy's Kitchen

I got this recipe from Mommy's Kitchen. The blog tag is over on the right, please click on it and visit Tina over there. She is a great blogger and has some out of this world recipes! I am posting this here because my blog is like a little online cookbook to me. If I see a good recipe I want to keep I post it here so I don't lose it/forget it.



Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 - teaspoon baking soda
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1 - cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 - cup granulated sugar
3/4 - cup packed light brown sugar
1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
2 - eggs
1 1/2 - 2 - cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi Chocolate Chips
1 - cup chopped nuts (optional)

Pre heat oven to 375°F. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Press cookie dough mixture into a large oven proof skillet. Press to flatten, covering the bottom of the pan. Bake until the edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. If the cookie starts to brown to quickly cover with a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with a bit of baking spray and continue cooking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.

***we topped ours with vanilla icecream like Tina suggests in her blog. I didn't cook mine in a cast iron skillet though, just in a baking dish.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Mmmm! Reminds me of Mrs. Fields cookie "cakes" that DH used to get me when we both worked on Boston.