Friday, March 12, 2010

"What Day is Today Nathaniel?"

While in the car line this morning I asked Nathaniel, "What day is today?" My thought was that he would happily announce, "The last day of school before spring break!" But he did not, instead it said "Friday." My kiddo the little genius. ;) I said yes of course it is Friday but what else? "Dad Comes Home!" He announced this with a large smile on his face.

It became very obvious to me that was the most important thing to my little boy about today. Dad has been gone since Monday afternoon on a business trip. He has never been away from home in the past 9 years. We have never been apart for more than a day in the past 9 years. As you can imagine that made for a very tough week, lots of late night calls just to talk about nothing. Nathaniel and I missed him like crazy.

I am happy to announce that this is my 'Friday Favorite'. My very favorite part of the week occurred at 5:30pm this evening, Dad came home.

BTW this week I am participating in The Other Mama's Friday Favorites. Feel free to check out her awesome blog.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Rachel B said...

I sympathize. My husband is rarely away but I hate it when he is, it throws my world upside down. Glad your hubby is home.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am SO GLAD he's home! I hope y'all enjoy this rainy Saturday curled up inside with some movies!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Homecomings are the best...if you've been away for a day, a week or a month. Glad your hubby is coming home