I have always been a pessimist, I usually see the glass as half empty. Lately though I have been trying my hardest to work on that. I want to be more positive, I want to help my son be a positive person. It cannot be good for your health or heart to be stressed and worried by others. I cannot control how others act but I can control myself. Tonight I am going to pray for them that they somehow turn a leaf in their lives and become more positive people. I am also going to ask for strength for myself to become more positive.
Understand this is going to be very hard for me. When my 9 year old comes home completely bummed out about the Presidents Physical Fitness test and upset because he doesn't run as fast as others it is hard not to tell him, "Don't worry about it son. PE teachers are just people who couldn't get a real job so they teach PE. It doesn't take a genius to make people jump rope." Nope, instead I told him, "Just do your best, that's all you can do. Everyone is different and everyone is better at different things." I am hoping for the strength to keep saying those positive things.
Thank you.






No comments:
Post a Comment