While Nathaniel was christened as a baby and is a member of his Great Grandma's church my husband and I weren't always involved in that part of his life. I was very content to let his Great Grandma take him to church and give him that part of his raising. Several years ago though something struck a chord with my husband and I. Suddenly we realized that we should be involved in that part of his life as well. Nathaniel was so thrilled that his Dad and I started coming to church with him and his Great Grandma, we were thrilled too. It felt like it completed us as a family, the missing piece was finally there.
I have never considered myself a very 'spiritual' person. I am actually quite the cynic and tend to see the glass as half empty instead of half full. But when I had a family it became important to raise my son with faith. When I think back to my own growing up and going to services I remember most that I got morals out of going. Sure my mom taught me right from wrong but somehow going to services backed that up. It made me a better person and taught me the person I should be. ( I need to add here that I did not grow up going to church. When I say services it means I was raised in a form of Judaism, very much like the Jewish faith.)
I'm not generally one to preach at all but if you have a family or will soon have a family, I encourage you to look in your heart and find a faith to give your children. They will benefit from it their entire life.






No comments:
Post a Comment